In the midst of one of the most hectic semesters of my life--survival is my main goal. This semester I'll be blogging about one of the classes I'm most excited for: teaching social studies in the elementary school (let's pretend the class DOESN'T run from 5:00-7:00 on Wednesday nights.) I find my excitement ironic as I am THAT student that complains about history classes. The one who finds no purpose in learning all the minute details of the past and who couldn't continuously pay attention in class to save my life.
I have chosen to do three Social Studies related Read Alouds (one of which is already complete!), five current events (one of these is done too!), I am writing this blog, and doing an evaluation of the North Carolina Museum of History.
Goals for myself:
- Improve my Social Studies disposition and get ready to share enthusiastically with my future students.
- Learn as much as I can and take risks by trying new things.
- Continue to work hard. Either work hard or you might as well quit! : )
Well I know you'll be working hard because I've never known you to quit! Before you know it, spring break will be upon us and you'll wonder how it got here so quickly. Here to support in any way! So glad you are excited about the learner-centered instruction in SS methods.
ReplyDelete